Friday, July 08, 2005

Saga Jet farewell party in Saga city


KIF_2346
Originally uploaded by abnihon.


free food and open bar!
I've always found social situations like this sort of awkward. It's been the same things at various summer programs etc I've done. When you know you're NEVER going to see these people again in your life, but honestly you never even knew most of them that well to begin with, so are all these goodbyes really necessary? And there are always people whose names you STILL don't know, but of course now it's too late to ask, so you just have to pretend. There are people who you have a real conversation with for the first time, and wish you had gotten to know better before, but now it doesn't really matter since we're all going our seperate ways in about 2 weeks. And then there are people who are somewhere in between strangers and friends and you have to decide where a hug or exchange of e-mails is appropriate. I've just never really been good at things like this.
But I'm glad I went - I had a good time with some people who I hardly ever get to see. And I find it really refreshing to hang out in a big group of English speakers for an evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home