Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's so bloody hot and humid in Japan right now!

The students are melting in the classrooms. Seriously, Japan has to either put A/C in the classrooms or start summer break in early June - the way it should be.

Thankfully I do have air conditioning in my apt, but only in the living room, and it's not even that powerful. In the winter my apt was FREEZING because of lack of proper insulation and heating in Japanese homes (and schools) and now I'm melting! Japan really has to get with the times. It's ridiculous.

Lately, when I get back from work, poor Miko is stretched out on the couch or floor, lethargic, hot and clammy. Today I rubbed her down with a cool wet cloth and an ice cube and she loooved it. My poor baby!

27 days..

Packing is coming along. But I have a hell of a lot more stuff than I thought I did! Why did I bring so much to Japan?! I could have lived with half of it just fine. And to make matters worse I went shopping last weekend! I must be stopped!! I discovered vacuum pack bags which are very cool. And found out where to donate my unwanted clothes. I put a few bags together, which is good. I wish I could toss more, but I have a tendency to hold onto my things. Which is bad. Well, only bad when faced with moving overseas I guess.

My boss (who works at the Board of Education and I haven't actually seen in 6 months) stopped by my school to give me details about my departure, closing my bank account etc. So I feel better about all that knowing that they're actually going to help me with it. Ooo, and they're giving me July 25th off to "clean" so my last day of work is actually July 22nd. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home