Monday, August 01, 2005

The first stage of my new life is now complete!

My two new roommates and I signed a 2-year lease yesterday on our new apartment! It's a gorgeous brand-new apt in a high-rise building way downtown in the Financial District. Near Wall Street, South Street Seaport and lots of subway lines. It's gonna be awesome! We don't move in till mid-October, so till then I'm shacking up with the rents on the Upper East Side. I now have till October to find a decent job so I can afford the rent for my fabulous new apartment.

The flight was fine. Miko was such a good girl! I'm so proud of her. No meowing or potty for about 18 hours. Everyone at the airport and on the plane thought she was very cute and sweet, which of course she is. I think she's enjoying being an American kitty and I'm sure she'll love the new apt too!

It's so good to be home!! It just feels so NORMAL. It feels like Japan didn't even happen. When I say out loud "I just moved back from Japan last Tueday" it sounds so strange, even to myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting!
i'm glad everything went well with miko. let me know your new address once you get moved. yay, how fun!
~kels

2:01 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

welcome back! glad to hear how happy you are!

big hugs,
meghan

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being home again! Let me know how the adjustment is...I'm thinking more and more that I might be in the UK permanently (all depends on that whole job thing, though...)
~Walker

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home