Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I can't believe I leave Japan a week from today

It just occurred to me recently how scary this all is. The packing, moving, taking my cat on an overseas flight part is stressful enough, but the stuff that comes after is even scarier. In a week from today my real life starts. This past year has been this strange transition year between college and the real world. But once I leave Japan, I'll be looking for my first "real" job, and maybe moving out of my parents' place and into my first real NYC apartment. Every decision I make in the immediate future will be significant in shaping this next chapter of my life - where I get a job, where I live, who I live with, what new friends I make, who I date... It's exciting, but scary.

I had a bad morning. Was feeling very hostile against my annoying co-workers, and the man who works at my convenience store who tried to practice his crap English on me when I just wanted to buy my damn breakfast in peace!!!! I'm so sick of being stared at, treated like a freak or a walking English class, making children cry by smiling at them, or being told I have a big nose by my obnoxious students who should know better!! I just want to belong again! I am so ready to leave.

When I went home for lunch I discovered that my Harry Potter book had arrived! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home