Tuesday, July 19, 2005

happy news!!

TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK! It's the last day of school before summer break, and even though teachers still come into work during school vacations (don't get me started on that) they're letting me finish up tomorrow and have Thursday and Friday free to pack, clean, go to the bank with my supervisor etc. So I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday free. yay! (thank god I have Harry Potter to keep me company. I don't have THAT much packing to do). Of course they won't let me just go home early, but that's fine - I still have things to take care of and people to see and I don't want to feel rushed. Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna be done with this crap "job" in 24 hours. No more "Ashley, read this. slower. now this. faster." like an English monkey. No more stamping piles and piles of notebooks. No more sitting in this uncomfortable chair, killing time on the internet and waiting for 4:00. No more glares from my coworkers who probably resent me for spending my days on my computer and getting to leave at 4:00. Hey, this is my "job". Believe me, I'm not happy about it either! I can't wait to get a real job where I feel respected and responsible and treated like an equal. And where I actually speak the same language as my coworkers! And am not referred to as "the foreigner". Won't that be nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home