Tuesday, June 07, 2005

at the bowling alley on Saturday night


bowling
Originally uploaded by abnihon.

I didn't end up leaving town last weekend. But I actually did social things in Takeo (!) which was really what I needed more than mindless solo sightseeing.

On Friday I joined Sarah, the other Sarah, and her husband Nick for a nightime picnic and viewing of the fireflies. pretty! Apparently firefly viewing is a big activity in the summertime in the boonies of Japan - like maple leaves in the fall and cherry blossoms in the spring. In the winter do they all gather outside to watch ice form?? It wouldn't surprise me....

Then on Saturday Samara (girl in bottom of picture. She's a JET in a nearby town) invited me to come along with her Japanese friend, and two random Japanese boys, to dinner and the bowling alley. It was really fun and the boys were pretty cute. hehe. The one on the left was very cool and is now my new J-boy crush who I'm going to attempt to go on a date with before I leave Japan. He speaks some English cause he did a homestay in Australia in high school. (what is it with me and these boys who lived in Australia??)

But I have noticed that I just connect better with Japanese boys who've spent a significant amount of time in an English-speaking country. (that counts for Japanese girls too I guess). Not only is their English better, but they don't seem as intimidated by my foreigness and treat me like a real person. The boys who've been abroad also seem more confident and laid-back and "American" which makes them more attractive to me.

I made my flight reservation for me and Miko to go home on July 26th. yay!

10 days till my birthday! Which means....10 days till OKINAWA. woohoo!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bowling alley still exist in Korea?
wow thought it was out of trend and gone for good. :)
anyways you have a great blog.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home