Monday, August 21, 2006

a feel-good moment from the ASPCA

I've started volunteering at the ASPCA as a cat socializer. On my second day I fell in love with an adorable, lovable kitten who's missing a leg because it was caught in a fence and had to be amputated. It broke my heart that maybe no one would adopt him because he's missing a leg. And even though I'd love to get a little friend for Miko, it's just not possible right now, since I may be moving soon.

I went back the next day to visit him and a staff member was petting him and told me that she just decided to adopt him and was so excited to take him home. I bet he's very happy there and it makes me feel good about the world, and this organization that I'm involved with, that a sweet three-legged kitty gets the chance to go to a good home and be loved for the rest of his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home