Tuesday, May 17, 2005

wow. it really IS boring here.

After 3 weeks of galavanting around NYC and constantly being surrounded by people, Takeo seems even MORE boring. (if that's possible).

It's now my 2nd day back at work and I've taught ONE class total. Back to wasting my days away on the internet. If anyone can suggest a (work safe) entertaining website I'd be grateful.

My main activity since I've been back has been sleep. I have been sleeping like it's my job. Last Friday I went to bed at 1pm. On Sunday I went to bed at 5pm. And last night it was 7pm. Hell, if I can sleep through half of the next 2 months, all the better.

On Saturday I did go to Nagasaki to see Lisa, who was visiting Kyushu with a friend from her grad school in Tokyo. Nagasaki actually has a very interesting history (besides being an A-bomb target). We went to Dejima, the man-made island where Dutch traders lived in the 17th century. The Dutch were the only people allowed to trade with Japan, while it was a closed country, and Dejima was the only place they were allowed to live.
We also went to Glover Garden where foreigners built western homes in the 19th century.
Good stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like yahoo games. rocket mania is my fave on that site.
kels

1:19 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I like boingboing.net

also I like to read the new stuff on snopes.com

annnd...www.homestarrunner.com of course, the sb emails section. But audio warning.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home