Wednesday, March 23, 2005

There's nothing I want to eat!

Not in my apt, or the supermarkets, or the handful of local restaurants. I'm tired of making pasta, mac and cheese, or rice, or buying ready-made food at the convience store. I've run out of my American cereals, cream of wheat and oatmeal. And there are only so many times a week that I can go to the $1 a piece sushi place before I feel fished-out. What did I used to eat in America? I must have eaten something. I don't really remember having this problem. I find myself just snacking at night so that I don't starve, but not actually enjoying eating. A little bit of yogurt or fruit or a piece of toast. And for lunch I usually have a tuna sandwich or something simple like that. Last night my dinner was a granola and Reeses Peanut Butter cups left over from my stash of American food. I miss real restaurants. Where you actually feel full at the end. And every night you can have something different - Thai, Mexican, Italian, French, etc. Or supermarkets full of normal familiar edible food. Sigh. Well, one month till I'm in NY and can eat whatever I want!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you interested in learning to cook japanese stuff at all? my roommate's gf is from japan. she shows up every couple months and then makes him maki before she leaves, which i love watching her do. anywho, it's late and i have to get up early for work, grrr.
~
kels

1:59 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Pizza ashley, pizza. If you can't find crust or sauce, they're not too hard to make.

2:56 PM  
Blogger misskoco said...

Amen. I have the same issues in Korea. There's only so much kimchi I can take. Can I get a bit of variety please?

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home