Saturday, February 05, 2005

not good

Last Friday I had a panic attack in my elementary school class. All of a sudden I started to feel lightheaded and was hyperventilating. It felt like time had stopped and the room was closing in around me. The kids were so LOUD and they were swarming around me, asking me to check their bingo scoreboards, and I thought I was going to faint and I just had to GET OUT. It was really scary.
I left class, went to the teachers' room, had a little cry and some water, relaxed, and then started to feel better.
Sometimes when I've been feeling sad, I actually feel better after some kind of intense emotional episode like that.
All the other teachers were very concerned and they sent me home an hour early.
I have now cried in public at all three of my schools. Earlier last week I was walking to class in junior high with my co-teacher, she asked how I was, and I just burst into tears. I've sort of stopped caring what people here think of me. I just have to do what I need to do to get through the days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug*
i'm sorry things are so crappy right now. i'm online alot, so IM me if you need/want to talk. i hope i see you when you're in the U.S. on your trip. :)
~
kels

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home