Thursday, March 10, 2005

musings on traveling


KIF_1887
Originally uploaded by abnihon.

It used to really bother me that there are so many places in the world I want to see, and I probably won't get to all of them.
But now I've decided that an even scarier thought would be feeling like I've seen them all.
I think it would be so awful to look at a map of the world and think "there's nowhere else I really want to go".
I've almost reached that point within Japan and I don't like it.
But there's still a big world outside of Japan left to see.
And for the first time in my life, I find that a very comforting thought.

Above is the world map that's hanging on my wall. Japan is the red country in the middle. I've always found it interesting how every nation creates maps with their own country in the center of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home